Thursday, October 6, 2011

Quick Tip: Saving time with your Heat N Bond Lite

Titles, titles, titles.

Titles are not my strong suit. Lucky for me, I've been counting up the days my husband has been overseas on my family blog. We are over 180 right now.

Not so lucky, I started a new blog.

I was going to title this: Being lazy with your HNBL. But, I don't want to give off the impression that I'm that lazy.

I mean, I have four kids, how lazy can I really be? Don't answer that.

Anywho, how many of you use some form of Heat N Bond or Wonder Under on your appliques (use the thinnest available)?

It's a good tip of the trade for helping the applique stay flat and crisp looking. But, it does add some time to completing an item.

When I was a newbie, I'd look at the size of fabric I'd need and cut the HNBL accordingly. After attaching to the fabric, I'd cut it out.

Now, insert my laziness tip:

Anytime I use a new piece of fabric, I slap a giant piece of HNBL on the backside so I am ready to go in the future too.

Time saved. Maybe not economical if you don't applique very often or if you are a fabric junkie (come on, fess up). But, if you have a few go to fabrics, it saves a few steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment