Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hair Ribbon Boutique: February 2013 Business Spotlight

Welcome to our BUSINESS SPOTLIGHT

This week's guest is Laura of Hair Ribbon Boutique and www.freebears.com.
Please read on as Laura tells us a little bit about herself, her business, and her inspiration.
 ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! My name is Laura Ching from Hair Ribbon Boutique. I sell finished shirts, embroidered felt hair clips and elastic headbands. 




I live in Beaverton Oregon with my husband, two girls and our golden Retriever, Bella. I also work at the family business of selling stuffed animals! How fun is that! www.freebears.com We have over 1200 different types of stuffed animals in stock.
I have been sewing since I was was three, when I hand sewed a blanket for my doll's bed. Starting at about age 7 I was taking classes and sewing my own clothes. I learned to sew on an old Singer Featherweight machine. I took a side trip in to paper crafting for a while and then discovered machine embroidery about 6 years ago. WOW! I started out with a little 4x4 Brother and have worked my way up! Currently I stitch with a 4000D and a PR1000e.


 



I love stitching out little girly designs! Baby onesies are my favorite to stitch out. My best selling item this time of year is bunny themed anything!







My favorite embroidery tip is buy the prewound bobbins! Such a time saver! LOL I know it is a productive day if I go through 2 bobbins.
Don't be afraid to use your machine. I HATED my machine the first year I had it I did awful things to it and it never broke despite all the mistakes I made! I wish I hadn't waited that year!
Thank you Erin for letting me be your feature Spotlight this month 

I have two coupons for you all, "Original" with out the quotes is the code for 10% off your purchase at www.freebears.com and my etsy shop www.hairribbonboutique.etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment