Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lovin' My Original Artist

 My little man had another birthday this summer. 

I went waaaaay complicated a few years ago.


His next shirt was much simpler, except I wasn't paying attention and stitched the back to the front! Talk about pulling out stitches late into the night trying to finish up for his "un-birthday" party at school.


This year he drew what he wanted.


I think we matched it pretty well!



He also wanted a dinosaur cake. I used this template from Kraft. With the leftover cake pieces, I made a few cake pops!



I used this wonderful chocolate cake recipe (just adding in 1/2 tsp of espresso powder to really bring out that chocolate flavor - you can't taste it all!) and I topped it with this easy chocolate frosting recipe. Chocolate overload but sooooo tasty!



Designed by the birthday boy, this "Monster Allosaurus" applique is now available at http://www.originalstitches.com/applique-designs/animals/monster-allosaurus-p-479.html!

No comments:

Post a Comment