I stumbled across Stitch Fix, an online business that sends you five items which you can try on in your own home and if you don't like anything, send it back in the PREPAID envelope. I DO NOT HAVE TO LEAVE HOME! Yes!
Now, we all spend money on different things. There are many things I do not spend money on (hey, I haven't even jumped on the smart phone wagon) so I happily embrace the convenience of having a stylist send my items to my own home within my budget. Please take a look at your budget before starting.
How Stitch Fix Works
- Create Your Style Profile. Be specific! Create Pinterest boards with your likes and style!
- Get Five Hand-picked Items. Try each one on! Really, you never know what you may like!
- Keep What You Like. You don't have to keep it all! That would be expensive if you kept it all every time.
- Send Back the Rest. Pack it up nicely and send back your unwanted items in a prepaid envelope. It doesn't get any easier than that!
How Much Does It Cost?
- The styling fee is $20, which you can use towards your final order. If you do not keep anything, then you are out $20. This may be one of the downsides, however I haven't had a problem not liking something in my boxes.
- If you keep all five items, you'll get 25% off your entire order. Are you tempted? Don't get caught up in the great deal. Make sure you really want ALL items!
- According to the Stitch Fix FAQ page, most items are $55 on average.
Sign Up for Stitch Fix
Ready to treat yourself to some new clothes hand-selected by your own personal stylist? You can sign up for Stitch Fix using my referral link (included throughout this post.) If you use my referral link to Stitch Fix, I get a small credit to use on my future fixes. It's a nice surprise, but not the reason I am using this service to update my wardrobe. Convenience is a wonderful thing! (Please note this is NOT and affiliate link! I get no other compensation besides what is available to each and every lady who subscribes and refers a friend.)
Do you need a few more reviews? Here are some reviews from those that did not have the perfect experience ( #1, #2, or #3). Remember, you are having a stranger pick out clothes to match your style. Do you always buy what you try on in the dressing room at the department store? No? And that is you picking out those clothes. You will need to keep an open mind and try everything on as you never know what you may like!